Friday, February 18, 2011

WELCOME!!

THIS BLOG IS BEING RETIRED AS OF DECEMBER 2020: Go to www.thyca.org and use the 9th Edition Low Iodine Diet Cookbook. As a ThyCa volunteer I served as the lead editor of the 9th Edition. :-)

Dealing with Thyroid Cancer is hard enough, right?  Then on top of it the doc says "oh, by the way, you need to prepare by following a low iodine diet."  Ugh.  Now what?  Well, you found the place to come!  I'll walk you through what to buy, how to cope, what to eat, and how to have some fun along the way!  If you are a caregiver, here you'll find ideas on what to cook to help support your loved one or friend.  By the way, my name is Daria Jerauld and I'm a thyroid cancer survivor - since 1996!  Welcome to my Low Iodine Diet blog!  Please tell your friends about it too! You can also check out my thyroid cancer blog and there are some recipes sprinkled in there as well:  http://dj-thyroidcancer.blogspot.com/.  Remember that you can find the guidelines and a free cookbook too on www.thyca.org.  Now, let's get started!